This time of year can really test us Spoonies out, can’t it?!*
I intended to write a blog about my own tips and tricks of how I get through the festive season with ME / CFS and electrosensitivity, but time has run out.
I was also planning to launch my first Spoonie Warriors Guide with the topic of managing the festive season, but time has beaten me there too.
BUT I have managed to do some research with the help of my darling VA Jen, and I’ve come up with lots of blogs that other spoonies have written on the topic.
Today I’ve chosen my Top 12 to share with you in the hope that they might offer you some tips that help get you through the next couple of weeks – and see you come out the other side having enjoyed your time, and also having not gone backwards in your health (a quixotic aim, but we’ll attempt it anyway hey? 😉
12 Top Blogs About How To Survive The Festive Season As A Spoonie
- Surviving the Holidays when You’re Chronically Ill – Four suggestions for making the best of the holidays by Toni Bernhard – Guest Posting on Pyschology Today – 23 November 2014
- Christmas and New Year’s For A Spoonie – by Sian Wootton of the Me, Myself & M.E blog– 17 December 2014
- Living with chronic illness during the holiday season – By Toni Bernhard, Guest Posting on KevinMD.com – 23 November 2011
- A Guide To Surviving The Holidays With Chronic Illness – By Peryl Manning, Guest Posting On AimingLow – December 2012
- Surviving the Holidays with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. How Do You Do It? – By Cort Johnson – 26 November 2013
- Chronic Illness And Holidays – Experts Describe Strategies To Let People With Chronic Illness Enjoy The Holidays – By Leanna Skarnulis, Posting on WebMD.com
- Getting Through the Holidays with Chronic Illness – By Cynthia Perkins on 1stholistic.com – 28 November 2012
- Preparing For The Holidays With Chronic Illness – by Esther Aspling on Bridging The Gap – November 2013
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas – By Sian Wootton, Me, Myself & M.E blog – December 2013
- Surviving The Holidays – Give Yourself The G.I.F.T of Stress-Free Holidays – by Karen Lee Richards, Guest Posting on HealthCentral.com
- Chronic illness and the holidays: fielding the inevitable questions – By Dr Abby Caplin, PermissionToHeal.Blogspot – 21 December 2010
- How To Make It Throught The Holidays With Chronic Illness – By Lindsey at BentButNotBroken.org
Merry Christmas to you all!
I’ll give you my tips next year :-).
Keep Smiling (and I hope Santa brings you something nice!)